Dear Putnam County 4-H Members, Families, Volunteers and Supporters,
Please see below a few things that I wanted to share as our 4-H Program and Junior Fair moves through May:
- Our Putnam County 4-H Judging format is rolling out this week. We are sending each 4-H Member instructions on how to use FLIPGRID to submit their project videos. You should see this soon. If you do not get your letter, please let us know. Once the videos are submitted, we will evaluate them, place projects, and consider your 4-H project complete and eligible for Junior Fair entry if fair stays scheduled.
- 4-H Livestock Exhibitors should have received instructions on the options to complete Youth Quality Assurance in 2020. Youth can enroll in an online paid version and complete it on their own prior to Putnam County fair, or youth can enroll in our ZOOM trainings. An email was sent about those dates a few weeks ago. If you need those dates, please let us know. Remember if you do not complete YQA as a market exhibitor, you are ineligible to participate in Junior Fair or OSF.
- Our Putnam County Camp Counselors are working on a 4-H Day Camp Program, taking the "best of camp" and rolling into an action-packed day. We have not set a date for the day camp as we are waiting to see how our summer progresses with Ohio's personal distancing orders.
- 4-H and Junior Fair - should the fair proceed (board meets June 2 for final decision if Ohio directives do not happen first).
- We will not be coordinating the 4-H Silent Auction at the fair.
- We will not be coordinating the 4-H Club Pallet Contest.
- The Senior Fair Board is discussing the Fair Parade, but please note 4-H Clubs are not able to participate.
- The 4-H Style Show and 4-H Cloverbud recognition will not be offered at fair this year.
- Junior Fair Building - there is no Booth Decorating and set up. We will designate areas within the Jr. Fair Building for 4-H members who want to display their project(s). We hope to set up the partitions and mark areas with your club name. 4-H members will have the opportunity to bring projects into the building at designated times prior to fair, complete an exhibitor card, and place project in club area.
- We will set up an area for Senior Spotlights in the building using the materials sent to us for our Facebook Senior Spotlights.
- Junior Fair Royalty - Applications are due May 22. We will conduct ZOOM interviews for the court. The Band Show at the fair is cancelled, so we are seeking a different time slot to coordinate coronation. Note: If fair is cancelled, the Junior Fair Royalty will have the opportunity to serve along side the 2021 Royalty next year if they choose to.
- We are exploring options to offer markets for animals if fair does not proceed as planned. Lots of details to come.
- Jr. Fair Livestock Entry Forms Due June 5 - submit them as PDF's to either Norma at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason at email@example.com. Click Livestock Entry Forms to see all forms.
- Fair Books should be out this week. Need help finding what classes to place your animal project? Check HERE for class numbers.