I want to draw special attention to the swine department at the OSF as they have several rules that will be important to youth exhibiting at the 2021 Ohio State Fair.
- OSF will be a ractopamine free fair.
- THERE MAY BE TESTING FOR RACTOPAMINE AT ALL SESSIONS
- Exhibitor Affidavit for the Market Barrow Show will be required
- Market Barrows will be required to have an 840 Tag. We prefer that they be the EID (Electronic Identification) 840 Tags but will accept non-EID this year.
- These should be placed in the pig from the breeder they originate from, if possible, please have them placed in the RIGHT EAR.
- If you do not have one, you will want to work with your local vet.
- All swine must be tagged with an 840 tag.
- All exhibitors must have a premise ID (this is based on the location the pigs were raised, so the same premise ID will cover all siblings).
- Please go to https://agri.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/oda/divisions/animal-health/animal+id/premise-registration-form-fillable840 tags or getting a premise ID, please talk to your veterinarian.
- All Market Exhibitors will be required to enter parent/guardian PQA Certification ID# at the time of entry.
- Remember, if the parent/guardian completed this last year, they are good for 3 years and can use the certification ID# they received last year (or within 3 years)
- If they need to be certified, an PQA trainer can enroll them in the FREE, online course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment information.
- SESSION 3 – MARKET BARROWS (Partial Terminal Show-ONLY GRAND &RESERVE BARROWS ARE TERMINAL)
- All other barrows are the responsibility of the exhibitor and must be removed from the fairgrounds after the show.
- A market is not available in 2021
For questions on these rule updates, please contact the OSF swine department at: email@example.com